Offering classical music, jazz and folk music at an international level for the community of Cowbridge and beyond
Cowbridge Music Festival was launched in 2010. It has since gained a place among the most exciting music festivals in Wales, offering classical music, jazz and folk at an international level for the community of Cowbridge and beyond.
Every year, the festival brings world-class musicians to perform in this beautiful market town; recent artists include Nicola Benedetti, Jacqui Dankworth, the Doric Quartet, Stile Antico, Tenebrae, Llŷr Williams, Elin Manahan Thomas and Maya Youssef. Nicola Benedetti CBE is the festival’s Patron, and Llŷr Williams, is the festival’s Associate Artist.
The festival aims to make great classical musical completely approachable, enjoyable and uplifting. Alongside the concerts runs an exciting and comprehensive outreach programme, which over the past decade has reached over 10,000 local pupils. Fringe performances also take place throughout the town, and numerous concerts in local care homes have ensured that live music reaches all in the local community.
The festival is proud to have the continued support of the Arts Council of Wales, as well as that of local businesses and other trusts and foundations. From its humble beginnings in 2010, the festival has now developed into a major undertaking of almost thirty events, with something for everyone.
- Bringing international artistic excellence to the community of Cowbridge
- Inspiring, educating and challenging the next generation of musicians and music-lovers
- Creating opportunities for young talented musicians
- Making classical music accessible to all and demolishing its perceived elitist image
- Benefitting the community and putting Cowbridge on the cultural map of Great Britain